I initiated a tumblog called Content Aware Typography. The rules are simple:
- Choose a picture with some typography in it;
- Select an area that is close to the letters;
- Apply Photoshop’s Content-Aware Fill;
One good description of the project came from Matt Duhamel on Twitter:
Algorithms, human psychology, consumerism, gestalt, art standards, and memes all rolled into one giant bundle: http://t.co/7HCUSXcbSM
— Matt Duhamel (@dualhammers) July 19, 2013
Download the entire tumblr blog as EPUB.
Following there are some of my favourite images.
- Eye Magazine | Content Aware typography makes Adobe’s software ‘fail’ in the most interesting way
- Dangerous Minds | Photoshop’s Content-Aware Fill Feature is Surprisingly Punk
- Gizmodo | When Photoshop’s Content-Aware Fill Screws Up It Makes Art
- It’s Nice That | Using the Content Aware tool to really mess up famous typography